Gothic fashion shoot by the sea

April 22, 2015  •  Leave a Comment

 

I've just shot a gothic inspired fashion shoot on location in Portsmouth.  The model for this shoot was the amazingly talented Beau Sin (www.purpleport.com/portfolio/beausin/).  The weather was terrible but we managed to come away with a very strong set of images.  I've attached a small selection to this post.

 

I used my Canon 50mm F1.2L for the first time.  I shot wide open and 95% of the images were sharp (some more so than others).  I'd say that the problem with the other 5% was down to user error.  I'm SO pleased I had taken the time to practice with this lens before using it on a live shoot (see previous post).  :)

 

I shot three different lighting set ups -

Available light

Speedlite

Studio strobe

 

Kit list -

Canon 5D mkIII

Canon 50mm F1.2L

Canon 70 - 200mm F2.8L IS

Canon 580EX speedlite

Elinchrom strobes

Elinchrom Sky Port triggers

Rotalux 100cm deep octa

Innovatronix battery pack

 

 

 

 


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...

Archive
January (3) February (1) March April (3) May (1) June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July August September October November December